HOW TO PICK YOUR NEW BAG

WEARING: Melissa Araujo Dress, American Apparel Unisex Knit Pullover, Splendid Leggings, H&M Leather Jacket,  Converse Sneakers & Alexander Wang Marion Bag.

I have been asked a few times recently how I pick my handbags? Well, if you are like me and spend way too much on bags, it is important to follow a few simple steps before you dish out the money to avoid making mistakes when purchasing a good bag. I have a few regrets from the the past, having saved up to buy something that didn't really suit my lifestyle. I've let the brand names overrule logic and functionality before, bags are the ultimate simple accessory, but you still should choose well. Here are my tips when shopping for a new one:

Style/Versatility: It is important you think about the environment you spend most of your time in: are you in uni, do you have a corporate job or are you in a casual work place? You also want a bag that can be used at work, but also on the weekend for fun. Not everyone can afford, or has the time to swap bags every time you change your outfit or go from day to night. I recommend thinking about that as well as the actual style of the bag, do you like structured or soft?

Size: My recommendation is not to follow trends; if the latest "it" bag doesn't fit in to your daily lifestyle do not buy it. Most of my bags are on the smaller spectrum, as I don't carry a lot, and try to keep it minimal. If I am going to a meeting and need to bring my laptop then I go with an over-sized tote.

Colour: You guessed it, black or neutral are always my pick. You can get creative with the texture of the bag, hardware silver or gold are great hues. If I had to choose something in colour I probably would say burgundy or navy to bring some life to the outfit.

Material: I always choose leather over anything.

Here I am wearing the Marion Bag by Alexander Wang, I have had it for a couple years now and I am still in love with it. My dream bag is a Chanel, I won't be buying it anytime soon, but it will certainly be my next big goal/purchase. What about you?

Photography by Carmin Edwards

Comments

  1. I love your bag!! And your black look!
    xoxo
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/donkeycool-4487669/

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you look just great! <3

    http://mancinasspot.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the skirt over the leggings! perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect black
    Love the bag

    Kiss kiss.*Jo
    http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always in love with dress and sweater layering. Love how elegant a buggy outfit can look, congrats!

    www.sanssouci.website

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh this bag. So so very beautiful <3
    xx Fiona THEDASHINGRIDER.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment